The Radiologic Technology Certification Committee (RTCC) assists, advises, and makes recommendations for the establishment of regulations necessary to insure the proper administration and enforcement of the Radiologic Technology Act.
RTCC members are appointed by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Director and is composed of:
- Six physicians and surgeons licensed to practice medicine in this state, three of whom shall be certified in radiology by the American Board of Radiology. At least one of the radiologists shall be representative of the hospital practice of radiology.
- Two persons with at least five years' experience in the practice of radiologic technology. At least one of these persons shall be representative of the hospital practice of radiologic technology.
- One radiological physicist, qualified in the use of physics in the practice of medicine.
- One podiatrist licensed to practice podiatry in this state.
- One chiropractic practitioner licensed to practice chiropractic in this state.
For more information on the committee and its activities, as well as meeting agendas and prior meeting minutes, visit the RTCC page on the CDPH website.
Meetings of the RTCC are open to the public and the CSRT encourages medical imaging professionals to attend these meetings to learn about current legislation affecting your profession. Prior meeting minutes and agendas may be found at on RTCC webpage. The next RTCC meeting will be held as follows:
Northern California, Date and Venue To Be Announced