- Applicants must be California-certified in Diagnostic Radiologic Technology.
- Applicants, who document passing the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) examination in Mammography, ARRT(M), will be issued a California certificate in Mammographic Radiologic Technology without examination.
- To become ARRT-certified in Mammography, contact the ARRT directly. IMPORTANT NOTE: “Clinical experience prior to examination and certification obtained in California can only be provided to students currently enrolled in an approved CaliforniaDiagnosticRadiologicTechnologySchool program or in an approved CaliforniaMammographySchool program. Clinical experience obtained outside California is acceptable”.
- Applicants who cannot document having passed the ARRT(M) examination, must complete and pass the state Mammographic Radiologic Technology Examination administered by the ARRT. IMPORTANT NOTE: The ARRT administered examination for state candidates is used for state certification only.
- Submit a COMPLETE Radiologic Health Branch (RHB) Mammographic Radiologic Technology application.
- Submit the non-refundable California Department of Public Health-Radiologic Health Branch APPLICATION FEE of $112.00 in the form of a check or money order made payable to the (CDPH-RHB).
- Submit documentary evidence that applicant is California-certified in Diagnostic Radiologic Technology.
- Submit documentary evidence of having completed 40 hours of continuing education in mammography courses OR of having passed the ARRT(M) examination.
- Applicants required to take the state examination (see Examination Requirements above) and postmarking applications prior to January 1, 2008, must also submit to the Department the nonrefundable EXAMINATION FEE of $100.00 in the form of a cashier’s check or money order (personal or business checks are not accepted) made payable to the ARRT. After January 1, 2008, do not send the examination fee to CDPH-RHB. The $100.00 examination fee will be paid directly to ARRT after you receive a notification letter from CDPH-RHB.
- Mail all material to the California Department of Public Health.
- Applicants approved to complete the state Mammographic Radiologic Technology examination administered by the ARRT will receive examination information in a notification of eligibility approval letter from CDPH-RHB. After January 1, 2008, approved candidates pay the examination fee directly to ARRT via a secure Internet website or by mailing a copy of the CDPH-RHB approval letter and $100.00 cashier’s check or money order (payable to ARRT) directly to the ARRT.
- After applicants complete the examination, the ARRT notifies CDPH-RHB of the examination results.
- CDPH-RHB will inform applicants of examination results.
Please click on the following link for more information and to download a copy of the application for a certificate in mammographic radiologic technology: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/CDPH%20Document%20Library/ControlledForms/cdph8200m.pdf