Venipuncture Certification Course | Didactic Only Course - No Stick Session Provided
This course is only open to students enrolled in a qualified medical imaging or radiation therapy program.
This venipuncture workshop addresses all topics identified by the California Department of Public Health’s Radiologic Health Branch and by Senate Bill 1199 (Dutton 2012) to meet the didactic requirements for venipuncture certification including:
- (A) Anatomy and physiology of venipuncture sites.
- (B) Venipuncture instruments, intravenous solutions, and related equipment.
- (C) Puncture techniques.
- (D) Techniques of intravenous line establishment.
- (E) Hazards and complications of venipuncture.
- (F) Post Puncture care.
- (G) Composition and purpose of antianaphylaxis tray.
This approved venipuncture training course, along with a valid CPR card, satisfies the 10 hours of instruction associated with California legal requirement for venipuncture. Participants will be watching 12 recorded lecture videos and completing 12 associated "knowledge checks" with at least a passing score of 75%. After passing the online course modules, participants will schedule an in-person stick session with their institution to complete the remaining 10 required venipuncture sticks on I.V. training arms.
The venipuncture certificate will be issued by the student's program director/school.
After registering for the course, you must email CSRT (email@example.com) the items listed below:
- Current copy of your CPR certification.
- Students ONLY: please send the name of your institution and program director's name/contact information to verify you are currently enrolled in a medical imaging or radiation therapy program.
- CSRT Student Member
- Didactic Only: $65
- Student Non-Member*:
- Didactic Only: $95
*Those who register at the non-member rate will be provided a complimentary CSRT membership for one (1) year.
|Didactic Only (Current CSRT Student Member)||$65.00|
|Didactic Only (Not a CSRT Student Member)||$95.00|