SoCal | Venipuncture Certification Course | November 20, 2021
Register today for CSRT's hybrid Venipuncture Certification Course! After reviewing the 12 recordings and completing the 12 quizzes, students will meet with CSRT Instructor Jennifer Little at Tower Imaging Valencia in Valencia, California on Saturday, November 20, 2021.
This workshop satisfies the California legal requirement, which requires an approved venipuncture training course with a minimum of 10 hours of instruction in combination with supervised clinical practice and current CPR certification. Materials for the documentation of the supervised clinical practice, required by California law, will be provided.
In addition to reviewing online course materials, radiologic technologists will schedule an in-person session to practice venipuncture on I.V. training arms. This venipuncture workshop addresses all topics identified by the California Department of Public Health’s Radiologic Health Branch and by Senate Bill 1199 (Dutton 2012) to meet the requirements for venipuncture certification including:
- (A) Anatomy and physiology of venipuncture sites.
- (B) Venipuncture instruments, intravenous solutions, and related equipment.
- (C) Puncture techniques.
- (D) Techniques of intravenous line establishment.
- (E) Hazards and complications of venipuncture.
- (F) Post Puncture care.
- (G) Composition and purpose of antianaphylaxis tray.
This course is only open to Certified Radiologic Technologists and students enrolled in a qualified radiologic sciences program (ARMIT professionals and students are not qualified to take this course). In order to register for the course, you must email CSRT (firstname.lastname@example.org) both of the items listed below:
- Current copy of your CRT license or ARRT license.
- Current copy of your CPR certification.
- Students ONLY: Instead of your CRT, please send the name of your institution and program director's name/contact information to verify you are currently enrolled in a certified radiologic technology program.
- Monday, November 15, 2021 (by 5:00pm) - All 12 recordings must be watched, and all 12 knowledge checks must be completed/submitted. Links to both the recordings and knowledge checks will be provided to you through your registration confirmation email. Students must carefully watch the 12 recordsings and pass the 12 knowledge checks (quizzes) with an 75% grade or higher or else they are charged a $15 retake fee.
- Saturday, November 20, 2021 - Students will meet with the instructor in groups of 4 to perform their 10 in-person venipuncture sticks at Tower Imaging Valencia in Valencia, California. Each group of 4 will meet with the instructor for approximately 90 minutes. Students will receive their certificates upon completion.
- Students MUST wear a mask and bring gloves in order to participate in the in-person stick session.
- Detailed Review of Online Course Materials with Knowledge Checks (6 hours)
- In-Person Stick Session (2 hours)
- Verification of Prior CPR Certification (2 hours)
- TOTAL = 10 Required Hours
- CSRT Technologist/Professional Member & Current CRT: $235
- Technologist/Professional Non-Member & Current CRT: $280
- CSRT Student Member (Not Current CRT): $75
- Student Non-Member (Not Current CRT): $100
- Those who register at the non-member rate will be provided a complimentary CSRT membership for one (1) year.
CSRT Cancellation Policy
Cancellations must be received in writing 14 days prior to the course to receive a full refund minus a $25.00 administration fee. Any cancellation or no show less than 14 days prior to the course is not eligible for a refund and will be assessed an administrative fee of $50 to re-schedule the course on a later date. Attendee’s must register for a future course within 12 months of the date the original payment was received.
ASRT Approved Category “A” Credit
This course has been approved by the American Society of Radiologic Technologist (ASRT) for 8.5 Category “A” Credits and meets the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) criteria for Category “A” continuing education credit. In addition to the classroom portion of the course, students must perform ten (10) successful venipunctures under the direct supervision of a physician, registered nurse, or technologist holding an IV contrast certificate. Documentation of ten (10) successful venipunctures must be submitted to CSRT within 30 days of didactic training in order to validate the Certificate of Completion.
Registration is limited to 20 participants per virtual course. Reserve your spot today.
23845 McBean Pkwy, Suite 109
Valencia, CA 91355
|Radiologic Technologist Registration|
|Radiologic Technologist (Current CSRT Member)||$280.00|
|Radiologic Technologist (Not a CSRT Member)||$325.00|
|Both Didactic & IV Sticks (Current CSRT Student Member)||$180.00|
|Didactic Only (Current CSRT Student Member)||$65.00|
|IV Sticks Only (Current CSRT Student Member)||$135.00|
|Both Didactic & IV Sticks (Not a CSRT Student Member)||$210.00|
|Didactic Only (Not a CSRT Student Member)||$95.00|
|IV Sticks Only (Not a CSRT Student Member)||$165.00|
|Medical Imaging Professionals (Non-CRT's)|
|CSRT Professional Member (Not a CRT)||$280.00|
|Medical Imaging Professional Non-Member (Not a CRT)||$325.00|