Register today for CSRT's hybrid Venipuncture Certification Course! After reviewing the 12 recordings, completing the 12 knowledge checks, and attending a pre-virtual meeting, students will meet with CSRT Instructor Jennifer Little at Tower Imaging at the Henry Mayo Hospital located in Valencia, California on Saturday, December 5, 2020.
This workshop satisfies the California legal requirement, which requires an approved venipuncture training course with a minimum of 10 hours of instruction in combination with supervised clinical practice and current CPR certification. Materials for the documentation of the supervised clinical practice, required by California law, will be provided.
In addition to reviewing online course materials, radiologic technologists will schedule an in-person session to practice venipuncture on I.V. training arms. This venipuncture workshop addresses all topics identified by the California Department of Public Health’s Radiologic Health Branch and by Senate Bill 1199 (Dutton 2012) to meet the requirements for venipuncture certification including:
- (A) Anatomy and physiology of venipuncture sites.
- (B) Venipuncture instruments, intravenous solutions, and related equipment.
- (C) Puncture techniques.
- (D) Techniques of intravenous line establishment.
- (E) Hazards and complications of venipuncture.
- (F) Post Puncture care.
- (G) Composition and purpose of antianaphylaxis tray.
- Monday, November 30, 2020 (by 5:00pm) - All 12 recordings must be watched, and all 12 knowledge checks must be completed/submitted. Links to both the recordings and knowledge checks will be provided to you through your CSRT member dashboard upon registration. Students must pass the knowledge checks with an 75% or higher.
- Wednesday, December 2, 2020 (7:00pm - 8:00pm) - Students will meet as a group with the instructor via Zoom.
- Saturday, December 5, 2020 - Students will meet with the instructor in groups of 4 to perform their 10 in-person venipuncture sticks at Tower Imaging in Valencia, California. Each group of 4 will meet with the instructor for approximately 90 minutes. Students will receive their certificates upon completion.
- Students MUST wear a mask and bring gloves in order to participate in the in-person stick session.
- Detailed Review of Online Course Materials with Knowledge Checks (6 hours)
- In-Person Stick Session (1 hour)
- Verification of Prior CPR Certification (2 hours)
- TOTAL = 10 Required Hours
This course is only open to Certified Radiologic Technologists and students enrolled in a radiologic sciences program. In order to register for the course, you must email CSRT (firstname.lastname@example.org) both of the items listed below:
- Current copy of your CRT license or ARRT license.
- Current copy of your CPR certification.
- Technologist/Professional Members: $235
- Technologist/Professional Non-Members: $280
- Student Member: $75
- Student Non-Member: $100
- Those who register at the non-member rate will be provided a complimentary CSRT membership for one (1) year.
ASRT Approved Category “A” Credit
This course has been approved by the American Society of Radiologic Technologist (ASRT) for 8.5 Category “A” Credits and meets the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) criteria for Category “A” continuing education credit. In addition to the classroom portion of the course, students must perform ten (10) successful venipunctures under the direct supervision of a physician, registered nurse, or technologist holding an IV contrast certificate. Documentation of ten (10) successful venipunctures must be submitted to CSRT within 30 days of didactic training in order to validate the Certificate of Completion.
Registration is limited to 20 participants per virtual course. Reserve your spot today.
23929 Mc Bean Pkwy, Suite 109
Valencia, CA 91355
|Technologist/Professional Member||$ 235.00|
|Technologist/Professional Non-Member||$ 280.00|
|Student Member||$ 75.00|
|Student Non-Member||$ 100.00|