Register today for CSRT's hybrid Venipuncture Certification Course! After reviewing the 12 recordings, completing the 12 knowledge checks, and attending a pre-virtual meeting, students will meet with CSRT Instructor Rich Lehrer at the Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts in Sacramento, California on Saturday, September 26, 2020.
This workshop satisfies the California legal requirement, which requires an approved venipuncture training course with a minimum of 10 hours of instruction in combination with supervised clinical practice and current CPR certification. Materials for the documentation of the supervised clinical practice, required by California law, will be provided.
In addition to reviewing online course materials, radiologic technologists will schedule an in-person session to practice venipuncture on I.V. training arms. This venipuncture workshop addresses all topics identified by the California Department of Public Health’s Radiologic Health Branch and by Senate Bill 1199 (Dutton 2012) to meet the requirements for venipuncture certification including:
- (A) Anatomy and physiology of venipuncture sites.
- (B) Venipuncture instruments, intravenous solutions, and related equipment.
- (C) Puncture techniques.
- (D) Techniques of intravenous line establishment.
- (E) Hazards and complications of venipuncture.
- (F) Post Puncture care.
- (G) Composition and purpose of antianaphylaxis tray.
- Sunday, September 20, 2020 (by 5:00pm) - All 12 recordings must be watched, and all 12 knowledge checks must be completed/submitted. Links to both the recordings and knowledge checks will be provided to you through your CSRT member dashboard upon registration. Students must pass the knowldge checks with an 85% or higher.
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020 (6:00pm - 7:00pm) - Students will meet as a group with the instructor via Zoom.
- Saturday, September 26, 2020 - Students will meet with the instructor in groups of 4 to perform their 10 in-person venipuncture sticks at the Gurnick Academy campus in Los Angeles, California. Each group of 4 will meet with the instructor for approximately 90 minutes. Students will receive their certificates upon completion.
- Students MUST wear a mask and bring gloves in order to participate in the in-person stick session.
- Detailed Review of Online Course Materials with Knowledge Checks (6 hours)
- In-Person Stick Session (1 hour)
- Verification of Prior CPR Certification (2 hours)
- TOTAL = 10 Required Hours
This course is only open to Certified Radiologic Technologists. In order to register for the course, you must email CSRT (email@example.com) both of the items listed below:
- Current copy of your CRT license or ARRT license.
- Current copy of your CPR certification.
- CSRT Members: $235
- Non-Members: $280
- Those who register at the non-member rate will be provided a complimentary CSRT membership for one (1) year.
Registration is limited to 20 participants per virtual course. Reserve your spot today.
8810 Cal Center Drive, 3rd Floor
Sacramento, CA 95826
|Technologist/Professional Member||$ 235.00|
|Technologist/Professional Non-Member||$ 280.00|
|Student Member||$ 75.00|
|Student Non-Member||$ 100.00|